Tuesday 17 March 2009

ScandiPop Interview Velvet



On Friday we went to a Velvet gig in Stockholm. It took place in the club Paradise, and was a full on, energetic show that lasted around 45 minutes. She looked stunning, her live vocals were great, and the crowd absolutely loved her! All the hits were performed; ‘The Queen’, ‘Take My Body Close’, ‘Come Into The Night’, ‘My Rhythm’, ‘Chemistry’, ‘Fix Me’, ‘Deja Vu’, and a new remix of ‘Mi Amore’. And afterwards, we had an interview with the lady herself, real name Jenny Petersson! Here it is;

scandipop: Hello Jenny! Well that was an amazing show! Everyone really enjoyed it. I think if you can emulate that on the Dance Nation tour next month then you’ll go down very very well.

Velvet: Thank you! I hope so. I’m only doing two songs though.

scandipop: Oh, which two?

Velvet: ‘Fix Me’ and ‘Chemistry’

scandipop: Ok, they’re a good two! So after three years of having hits in Sweden and Eastern Europe, you’re finally coming over to the UK. How are you feeling about it?

Velvet: I’m really excited about it and REALLY looking forward to it!

scandipop: You’ve got a very strong back catalogue of songs. Why did you and the UK label choose ‘Chemistry’?

Velvet: Well, me and my manager like it a lot. And the record label in the UK really like it. So that was the decision. I’ve been working hard on it. And I worked with it in Poland quite a lot too.

scandipop: Ok. Well its already been number one on the UK club charts, and its been played quite a bit on BBC Radio One. Have you got high expectations of chart success?

Velvet: Hmm, I’m really so happy that I’m doing this, that I’m finally going where I really wanna go. So I’m just, I don’t know what to expect. I’m just really grateful for everything and I really hope that it will be a big success.

scandipop: Well it’s already done well in UK clubs.

Velvet: That’s good, that’s really good.

Read the full review on ScandiPop here!