Tuesday 3 March 2009

Digital Spy Interview September

Digital Spy's interview hits the homepage of the site today;

"Despite making a name for herself in Europe over five years ago, it wasn't until last year that September caught our attention with the club banger 'Cry For You'. Spending an impressive eight weeks in the UK top ten, it's no surprise that Petra Marklund, as she's known to her mum, is back with new single 'Can't Get Over' and an album to follow shortly. We hooked up with the lady herself for a much-needed catch up.

Your last single was released almost a year ago. What have you been up to since?
"Well, I've been travelling hectically all around the world. 'Cry For You' did really well in so many countries so I've been in America, Australia and Japan. I've also been writing new material for my UK album which is coming out soon too."

Were you surprised how well 'Cry For You' did?
"I was just so happy because I really love it! It's like my little baby. 'Can't Get Over' has started to do really well here too, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed."

Your label-mate Basshunter got to number one. Are you hoping for the same?
"For me, number one is always the goal that I want to reach. If you try really hard to get there, it doesn't matter if it doesn't happen. I was amazed when I got to number five. I would love a number one in America too. Dance music is growing and growing and I think that very soon it will be very huge there too."

What can we expect from your first UK album?
"We're doing a lot of new songs at the moment and I'm just picking some to put on an album for my fans here. I know there are a lot of people in this country who want hit songs like 'Satellites' and 'Looking For Love' from the albums I've released in Europe to be included. The ones I really love the most will go on the new album too."

Click here to read the full interview on Digital Spy