Monday 20 September 2010

Radio One Newsbeat : Example Working With Snow Patrol

Example has revealed he has been writing material for his forthcoming third album with Snow Patrol.

"I like co-writes but I'm very selective about who I work with," he told Newsbeat.

Example is a "massive fan" of the northern Irish rockers, he said.

The rapper revealed he'd also like to collaborate with Kasabian, "one of my all-time favourites."

'Grunge' direction
Example, who released his second album Won't Go Quietly in June, has already written 6 or 7 track for his third album which he anticipates he'll complete in January for a summer 2011 release.

"With this next album I'm trying to apply grunge sentiments and lyrics to dance music," he said.

"Hopefully I'll come out with a massive trance record or dupstep record with a vocal that Kurt Cobain or Pearl Jam would be proud of.

"Nobody else is doing that. I want to get away from this typical electro pop tag."

Preliminary titles for new songs include Shot Yourself In The Foot Again, Under The Influence, Lying To Yourself and Change The Way You Kiss Me.

"It's all very personal," admits Example. "All about messed up love. There's no such thing as a perfect relationship - all love is messed up."

The producer, singer and songwriter also revealed he recently rejected the chance to feature on a new track with girl-group The Saturdays.

"I don't really work with people I don't know. Had I been mates with them then I might have worked with them," he said.

"If you just call me up and say, 'Do you want to do a feature on this girl band's or boy band's song?' If I don't know them from Adam I'm not doing it. It's nothing personal."

Click here to see the feature on Radio One's Newsbeat