Monday 27 September 2010

Contact Music : Example "Inundated With Underwear"

'Watch The Sun come Up' singer Example said he's had enough bras thrown onstage to ''build a house'' out of.

Example said he's had enough bras thrown onstage to "build a house" out of.

The 'Last Ones Standing' singer said he's surprised by the amount of female underwear that gets thrown at him during performances, but has perfected the art of sending it back into the crowd.

He exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "I had a 34DD bra thrown on stage last night. While I was performing a song, I'm quite capable of reading and rapping at the same time, and then getting the bra and throwing it back into the crowd.

"I don't keep them, or I'd probably have enough to build a house out of bras. But I don't think that means I'm a sex symbol does it?"

"I haven't had any little bras thrown at me yet. Which surprised me a bit, because I would expect more little bras - the girls with big bras need more support than the girls with little bras.

"But quite the opposite happens."

Example was speaking ahead of tomorrow's 'Arthur's Day' celebrations, which mark the signing of the lease on St. James's Gate, in Dublin, Ireland, by Guinness beer's founder, Arthur Guinness, 250 years ago.

Parties are being held around the world, and Example is part of a huge bill in the country's capital which also includes Westlife, Manic Street Preachers, The Script, Brandon Flowers and Flo Rida.

Example - real name Elliot John Gleave - also added he loves the crowds in the country, saying: "I've played in Ireland eight times this year, and I played Dublin last night, and they're a good crowd there, pretty loony - which I mean in the nicest possible day."

Click here to see the feature on Contact Music