Monday 5 October 2009

My Chemical Toilet : Who Is This Bertie Blackman Person Then?

"You can find anything out on the internet these days. Anything. And when one is investigating an act one is unfamilar with it’s good practice to check out Wikipedia, wait 11 minutes for the artist’s MySpace page to load, and so on.

For once, with Bertie Blackman, I’m not going to do that. I’m going to wait and see if the information comes to me. I’ll pretend this is a fun “experiment” rather than a symptom of my laziness. Do you know anything about Bertie Blackman? Leave information in the comments.

All I know, thanks to YouTube’s geographical info, is that she’s considerably more popular in one country than any other:







Her - yes HER, OMG WEIRD, RIGHT? - song “Thump” is an urgent, immediate, quiet-loud, um, thump in the synapses. I loves it, I do. There are a couple of remixes here, too. Not as good as the original though, which seems a novel happening these days."



Read the full piece and download the mixes from My Chemical Toilet here