Friday 5 June 2009

DaVinChe's single "has more tracks than many albums" My Chemical Toilet (!!)

Modern music is a confusing place for the elderly, and the CD single I received for DaVinChe’s “Rider” nearly gave me an aneurism. The facts as far as I can discern are these:

1. “Rider” is grime producer DaVinChe’s new single, out on June 8th.

2. It comes as a kind-of mixtape, with lots of different versions of “Rider” on it. Guests include people called Wiley, Skepta, Tinie Tempah, Tinchy Stryder, Clea & Bashy, Keedo and Wretch 32 (??).

3. The track featuring Clea & Bashy is actually called “Riding For Love”, despite being a kind-of remix of “Rider”.

4. “Riding For Love” is clearly the most chart-friendly version and has been picking up exposure on MTV Base accordingly. At the risk of being labelled a h8r I find Bashy’s contribution is a tad lacklustre, but you can’t argue with the hook:

5. I also quite like Tinie Tempah’s version, which you can hear here:

6. You might not be surprised to learn you can also buy “Rider” as a ringtone, but I’ll be fucked if I’m going to encourage that kind of behaviour.