Wednesday 16 July 2008

Basshunter "I Was Bullied For My Tourette's : The Sun


Basshunter has given an interview with the BBC Chart Blog (see below) which has now been picked up by The Sun Online about how he suffers from Tourette's, how he was bullied at school, and how he now deals with it.

"NUTTY JONAS ALTBERG has spilled the beans on how he beat the bullies who picked on him because of his Tourette's.
The mouthy Eurotrasher, known as Basshunter, has finally controlled his illness and gets to have the last laugh by bedding beautiful women.

His rising success will have the school teasers squirming in their seats, especially as he looks set to knock COLDPLAY off the top spot this week.

The barmy star has clearly developed a new confidence, donning a Borat mankini to celebrate his last No. 1 and promising to bungee jump in a pink bunny suit for his next chart-topping tune.

He said: "I did have a really rough time at school. There was a lot of bullying. I didn't have many friends and spent a lot of time alone.

"I've learned how to take control over it. You could spend a week with me, 24/7 and not know I have it.

"I've learned how to feel when it's coming and push it back... and that took years of training."

Jonas added: "Don't see it as a problem, see it as a challenge."

Research doctors from around the world have even been in touch with the Swede to find out how he overcame his disability, with the hope of using Jonas' methods to help their patients."

Listen to the interview here, see the full Sun Online feature here