Thursday 5 June 2008

Ejectorseat "Not My Girl" All Gigs Review 1 (!)

The first of two reviews for Ejectorseat on All Gigs;

"Like the perfect guest at a drag themed house party, ‘Not My Girl’ is cheerful, glittery and doesn’t outstay its welcome. Opening with “I know I’m weak, but I’m all you’ve got,” over stripped down guitars, it takes twenty-five seconds before the band add a dose of electro-synth sparkle. The chorus of “She’s not my girl any more” is simple enough to stay in your head and sit there smugly, refusing to move for days.

‘To be more animal’ dispenses with the guitar-band deception of ‘Not my Girl’s opening, diving straight into a keyboard riff underwritten by stomping drums (kudos to the drummer for a great snare sound). There are echoes of Panic at the Disco! in the minor key melodies the are bought to mind again in ‘Hopeless and emotionless’ with its driving 4\4 lyrics setting the rhythm.
Altogether, an impressive EP. Ejectorseat are doing something different and if their live performances have the energy of this offering they will be well worth tracking down on their next tour."

See the full feature here