Wednesday 4 June 2008

Alex Gaudino Interview on I Like Music

Alex Gaudino talks about his new single "Watch Out" out this week to download

"Alessandro (Alex) Fortunato Gaudino is an Italian DJ best known for his massive hit Destination Calabria. An established act in the music industry, Alex Gaudino founded RISE records in 1998, which became one of the biggest European record labels. Alex is both producer and DJ, having mixed some big names such as Pete Tong and Chris Cox.

Alex is a successful DJ, having played across the globe. This summer you will find him predominantly upon the sunny Ibiza shores, as he takes up a residency in one of the party island's most famous clubs - Eden. ilikemusic caught up with Alex while he was in London to chat about the release of his latest single Watch Out, being on tour and making tunes.

"I Like Music because… it is my life" ALEX GAUDINO

ILM: Your new single Watch Out is out now. Can you give us your own personal description of the track?

Alex: We were looking for an idea, so we could get the same vibe as Destination Calabria. When you are looking for a new idea you need to find inspiration. We found that in the sample we used, which was the horns from Pig Bag's hit, 'Papa's Got A Brand New Pig Bag'

ILM: You've got a big international tour coming up - How do you prepare for your DJ sets and what do you look forward to the most?

Alex: I look forward to DJing. It is what it is about. My first love is DJing. I just try to get records that I like and that I think will be suitable for my DJ set. I try to find tracks that will work. It depends on how I am feeling and where I am playing. The biggest gig I have ever played was in Brazil to 65,000 people which was amazing!"

Read the full interview here