Monday 17 November 2008

Digital Spy Interview Robyn

Digital Spy interview Robyn, Christian Falk ft Robyn "Dream On" OUT NOW;

"Swedish electropopper Robyn may have put together the best singles run of the last 18 months: 'With Every Heartbeat', 'Handle Me', 'Be Mine', 'Who's That Girl'. Ever the individual, she's now singing about "thieves and muggers" and "scum and lowlifes" on new single 'Dream On', a collaboration with fellow Swede Christian Falk. Intrigued, we met up with her to find out more.

The new single features some rather unusual lyrics. What's it about exactly?
"We actually recorded the single two years ago, so it's not a comment on the present time, but I actually think these lyrics make a lot of sense now. The lyrics are about anyone who's a little bit on the outside - it doesn't have to be thugs, criminals, drug addicts or crazy people, even though the lyrics mention them. It's about how people who are different in society are often discriminated against or bullied."

That's quite dark subject matter for a pop song.
"Yeah, but you don't have to go all the way with it! If you're having a bad day and feeling a bit different, that song could be about you as well. It's for everybody. I love the fact that it's a song you can dance to with real deep content."

Your album came out in Sweden more than three years ago. Have you started thinking about the follow-up yet?
"I've started to think about it, but I've been on the road a lot this year so I haven't recorded anything yet. I hope to get back in the studio as soon as possible, maybe even as soon as January. I'm going to continue with the same sound on the next album and I'm going to work with Kleerup and Klas Ahlund, who I worked with on this album, again."

Read the FULL interview here