Thursday 18 September 2008

Travis Interview Digital Spy Homepage



Digital Spy interview Travis, which is now featured on the Digital Spy Homepage;

Chris Martin has said that Travis "invented" Coldplay. What do you think of that?
"It's outrageous and I think it's a double-edged sword. On the one hand it's complimentary, but on the other hand people might think we're responsible for inflicting Coldplay's music on the world! Chris and I are really good friends and I'm a big fan of Coldplay, but he knows what he was saying there. He knows Coldplay get a bad rap and he's sidling the blame onto me! But you know what, it's just a really cool thing to say."

Do you think it's true?
"I think being in a band is like looking for oil. We found this big empty area where everyone was saying, 'Don't be stupid, there's no oil there!' and we struck oil. It was gushing everywhere! Within a year there were 100 bands setting up round our area and we were like, 'Hang on, what's happening here?' But I think Chris Martin is definitely fully responsible for Coldplay and I don't want to take credit for Coldplay anymore!"

Read the full interview here