Thursday 30 August 2007

Great Freaks The Creeps Review on MusicOMH

Brilliant review for Freaks "The Creeps" on MusicOMH
I'm not a big pop fan. There, I've said it. I don't really do clubs (not since that incident that I can't really talk about). I most certainly don't dance; as one great man said "real men don't dance; they sit, sweat and curse."
Still, every so often a single comes along that makes me question my judgement. This is one of those singles. You've probably heard it already seeing as it's been all over the radio since forever. In fact, listening to it now I'm almost filled with nostalgia.
Taking the idea that all you need is one good hook; The Creeps is ridiculously catchy and addictive. Sounding like an unlikely pairing of Peaches and Sugababes, the vocals are immaculate, suggestive and filthy. The bass line is equally dirty, squelching away like a swamp at the bottom of a sewer overflow pipe. But the real hit obviously comes at the chorus which feels less like a catchy line and more like an order "now that you got it, get on the dancefloor."
All of a sudden I've bought myself a sailor suit, a feather boa, I'm polishing the soles of my shoes and heading to the club. Sometimes there's only so much sitting, sweating and cursing you can do.
Be warned: this tune might do strange things to you.