Monday, 7 February 2011
Mark Ronson & The Business Intl host post BRITs Party in aid of War Child
Mark Ronson & The Business Intl
Ronson host the post BRITs Party – in aid of War Child
February 15th at Indigo2
War Child and O2 are proud to announce BRIT Award winner Mark Ronson is to host this year’s biggest and best post BRITs event, the War Child post BRITs party at Indigo2. Inviting some very special guests along for the ride.
This intimate event is at the Indigo2 and will start at 10pm immediately following the BRIT Awards. War Child is supported for the evening by O2.
BRIT Award Best Male nominee Mark Ronson headlines with his band the Business Intl to deliver an all-star set of hits from his ‘Version’ and ‘Record Collection’ albums.
Mark Ronson says: "Being asked to play the War Child post-Brits show is such a giant honour. And since I'm guilty of YouTubing the 2009 clip of Coldplay and Gary Barlow doing "Back For Good" for War Child at least 180 times, I know we better pull off some magical moments".
This party also celebrates the fifteenth anniversary of War Child’s 1996 BRIT Award for its first album 'Help' and 15 years of their unique work with music. To mark these 15 years, tickets to the event are priced at just £15. War Child thanks O2 for making this possible.
In the last two years alone War Child has held events which have raised over £500,000 for their vital work with children suffering the most brutal effects of war. These events have featured The Killers, Coldplay, La Roux, Plan B, Madness and Kasabian, with special guest appearances from the likes of Bono, Gary Barlow, Al Murray and Noel Fielding.
The post-BRITs party is a celebration of great live music and the power of music to change people’s lives. All ticket proceeds will go to aid War Child's work with children in war zones across the world. War Child is an official charity partner of the BRIT Awards.
For more information on War Child go to www.warchild.org.uk
Tickets cost £15 standing, and £30 reserved seating. O2 customers can get Priority Tickets* from 11am Monday 7th Feb, for further information visit www.O2Priority.co.uk.
Tickets go on sale to the general public at 9am Tuesday 8th Feb and can be booked through www.ticketmaster.co.uk
*Priority Tickets are subject to availability, terms apply.
Mark Waddington, CEO, War Child, says:
“This event is another sign of the amazing commitment from British music to support the vital work War Child does. We won a BRIT Award fifteen years ago for the ‘Help’ album, and since then artists have been standing up to say that children should not be the victims of war. It’s great to be a partner of the BRITs and we’re really delighted that Mark Ronson is hosting this special night. Music can really make a difference.”
Sally Cowdry, Marketing Director at O2 said: "
'We're really proud to be working with War Child for the third year. Two hugely successful years at O2 Shepherds Bush Empire is a tough act to follow, but we’re really excited to be bringing the experience to The O2 for the first time and are confident this will be our best year yet. It's always fantastic to be able to offer our customers Priority Tickets to the best gigs in the country but when it's for such a good cause it makes it that little bit extra special."
A Live Nation presentation
For accreditation please visit the Live Nation Press website http://press.livenation.co.uk/ and apply on line, please note tickets for this event are very limited
ABOUT WAR CHILD:
War Child is an international charity, founded in 1993 in response to the conflict in the former Yugoslavia. A UN award winning charity, War Child works in the world’s most dangerous war zones including Iraq, Afghanistan, Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo. War Child aims to protect children who are hit hardest by war and its consequences including street children, child soldiers and children in prison. War Child is a UK registered charity number 1071659
For further information on War Child please contact: 0207 916 9276, email@example.com
• Telefónica O2 UK Limited is a leading communications company for consumers and businesses in the UK, with 22 million mobile customers and over 700,000 fixed broadband customers as at 30 September 2010.
• Telefónica O2 UK Limited is part of Telefónica Europe plc, a business division of Telefónica S.A. which uses O2 as its commercial brand in the UK, Ireland, Slovakia, Germany and the Czech Republic, and has 55.3 million customers across these markets.
• In 2006 Telefónica Europe acquired Be, the UK fixed broadband provider, and in October 2007 O2 launched its broadband service using the Be network.
• O2 is the naming rights partner of The O2, the world-class entertainment venue.
• O2 employs around 11,000 people in the UK and has 490 retail stores.
• In October 2010 O2 was voted the UK’s best mobile network by the readers of both What Mobile and Mobile Choice magazine.
• O2 was ranked highest in customer satisfaction for both UK mobile and fixed broadband customers according to the J.D. Power and Associates UK Mobile and Fixed Broadband Studies 2010.
• O2’s UK mobile network covers 99% of the UK’s population. O2’s 3G network covers over 84% of the UK population and is fully HSDPA-enabled, providing speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps for customers with an HSDPA-enabled device.
• Telefónica Europe also owns 50% of Tesco Mobile, which operates in the UK and Ireland, and 50% of Tchibo Mobilfunk in Germany.
• For further press information about O2 go to www.o2.co.uk/news
For all O2 enquires contact; Sally Beamand, Tel: 07734 096 300 Sally.beamand@O2.com
ABOUT LIVE NATION:
Live Nation’s mission is to maximize the live concert experience. Our core business is producing, marketing and selling live concerts for artists via our global concert pipe. Live Nation is the largest producer of live concerts in the world, annually producing over 22,000 concerts for 1,600 artists in 33 countries. During 2008, the company sold over 50 million concert tickets and drove over 70 million unique visitors to LiveNation.com. Live Nation is transforming the concert business by expanding its concert platform into ticketing and building the industry’s first artist-to-fan vertically integrated concert platform. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, trading under the symbol LYV. For additional information about the company, please visit www.livenation.com/investors.