Wednesday 7 May 2008

Archangel "Twisted Little Genius Of A Band" The Beat Surrender

Great review for "Not The Man You Think I Am" on The Beat Surrender;

"Not The Man You Think I Am is a strange little ditty, one that gets under your skin instantly with it’s tale of doomed love being built around the catchiest piano sound this side of Ben Folds, marvellous Underground. It’s one of those songs that could come back to haunt me in later months and years when they decide to go all mainstream on us.

I hope that doesn’t happen though, because they do have a pop element to them already the harmonies are Beach Boys esque and you could see this getting airplay, the fact that they are supporting The Shortwave Set at The Soho Revue Bar on 15th April makes me think that they could be a twisted little genius of a band that are well worth looking out for!"

Click here for the full review!