Wednesday 16 June 2010

Digital Spy "Example hosts album launch at Nandos"

"Example has revealed that he held five album launch parties, each at a different branch of Nandos.

The rapper, who is currently battling it out with Dizzee Rascal and James Corden for a place at number one on the singles chart with 'Kickstarts', admitted that he is a fan of the restaurant after they invented a discount card especially for him.

He told the Daily Star: "I'll play acoustic sets in five Nando’s restaurants on the Circle Line. We’ll do Notting Hill in west London and end up in Spitalfields, East London.

"Despite what people claim, Nando’s don’t sponsor me. But they did invent their Black Card for me after I mentioned them five times on my first album.

"They used to give me vouchers but it got out of hand - I had about 100, so they created the card. I got one for Dizzee and Tinchy too."

Example releases Won't Go Quietly on June 20."

Click here to see the feature on Digital Spy