Friday 12 December 2008

ElectroQueer Interview Basshunter!


Raj from ElectroQueer finally got to interview Basshunter, here's an extract, click here to read the full & hilarious piece, and find out how he got to the following quote; "We were born without clothes, so well don't use clothes at home, be naked. Show your ass to the neighbors."

"Jonas Altberg aka Basshunter is one man that's hard to pin down. Ever since exploding onto the music scene with his international #1 hit for "Now You're Gone", Basshunter is one hot commodity that everyone wants a piece of. He's primarily responsible for bringing techno music back in the charts and whether you love or hate his music, what makes him so damn popular first and foremost - is his charisma. I had the best time chatting to him and it's been one of the funnest interviews I've ever had the pleasure of doing.

In this interview with Basshunter, we talk about life in the fast line, what a Basshunter show is like and what exactly goes into a successful house party at his house...There's also some wise words from "Mr. Basshunter" himself and bit of nakedness at the end.

Enjoy EQ's - this is one interview I hope you'll have a chuckle with.

Hello Jonas - how are you today?
Hello! I am absolutely perfect. I'm in the bar at the hotel with my laptop - scrambling through some pictures and scanning some new tracks sent to me and stuff like that.

You know, I've never been to a Basshunter show yet - tell me what it's like!
A Basshunter show is quite crazy. You know I've been trying to plan the show - like at this part of the show I'm gonna say "this" or do "that", but after five seconds on the stage I totally forget about everything and the whole show is just a big spontaneous thing. I like to entertain people. My goal with a Basshunter show is that people that are watching, they are gonna remember it. It's not gonna be like when they meet their friends or colleagues. That's not good enough. I want them to say "hey man, this guy is wicked, he's crazy, he's sick". It doesn't matter what they say, as long as they remember the Basshunter show.

So whose idea was it to have a series of short films for your videos for "Now You're Gone", "All I Ever Wanted", "Angel In The Night" and "I Miss You"? Are you planning a fifth installment in the video series soon?
Yeah of course, wait until I release single number sixty-three and we'll have "Basshunter: The Musical". The whole plan is to keep the storyline going and who knows, maybe in twenty years, we'll do all the videos again in one movie. That would be quite cool. It's like me and ABBA.